One is 4 and one is 5. One of them is unsound. The cost for them will be roughly $300 each. They will both be shipped for slaughter unless something is done to save them today.
We have room for only one and the finances for neither. The last few months have drained both the rescues and my personal account. If anybody would like to step up to the plate and stop these girls from dying needlessly now is the time.
I can offer free local delivery.
With the help of our Facebook page and the amazing equestrian community, within a matter of two hours both mares were saved.
It is tough to hear about horses in need, but know you need to look at the reality of your abilities from financial to space when you run a rescue. We do our best to take them all, but sometimes we too need a little help from our friends. In particular, we would like to post say a huge thank you to Tara at Hayburner Haven in Langley for making room for these girls when we couldn't. As well as thank you to Courteney and Kim for their donations towards bailing and the care of these two ladies.
To make this post even better (as if!), I am happy to report that both girls already have lots of interest and homes pending! In less than 24 hours these girls went from the slaughter line-up to being rescued with new families in the works. It really is an amazing thing and every single person who saw and shared their post yesterday should be proud.